Spinal and Extremity Manipulation
Spinal and Extremity manipulation restore alignment and range of motion in the joints of the spine or extremities that are restrictive or limited in terms of the normal range of motion in those areas. The manipulation is very quick and is generally comfortable. Frequently, you may hear a popping noise that is created due to the gasses releasing in the restricted joint space. If you wish to not hear a popping noise, there are techniques that can be utilized that do not cause any sounds at all and are just as gentle and effective. Often, patients will notice an improvement in their complaints after the first visit; however, in order to reach each patient’s long-term goals, multiple visits may be needed.
Benefits of Manipulation
- It’s non-invasive, drug-free, and surgery-free.
- It addresses the underlying mechanical root cause, not just the symptoms of your pain.
- It improves body function by eliminating pain from the critical or core areas of your body.
- It’s safe for all patients including pregnant women, children, and babies.
- It helps you avoid unnecessary surgery and overdependence on pain medication.
Graston Technique® is a procedure detects and treats areas of soft tissue lesions or adhesions in muscles, tendons, and ligaments that can lead to pain and dysfunction. Graston Technique® can be used to treat any movement system dysfunction that has been determined to have a soft tissue component.